About every other year the youth in our ward have a teacher appreciation night. Each youth picks a teacher or someone to honor that has made a difference in their life. The kids read a paragraph and present their teachers with a certificate during a program. Carly chose Mrs. Olin the attendance and Sat school secretary at El Toro High School (she also happens to be the wife of Matt's JV baseball coach whom he loved) Carly loves Mrs. Olin - believe me she visits Mrs. Olin quite often - Mrs. Olin loves to tease Carly every chance she gets.
Here is Carly's paragraph:
The teacher I have chosen to honor tonight is Mrs. Olin. Mrs. Olin works in the attendance office at El Toro High School. I'll never forget the first time I met Mrs. Olin. She came up to me my freshman year as I was getting my first re-admit. As you can imagine, I was already nervous about what I was doing. My brother had attended El Toro and Mr. Olin was his baseball coach. Then comes Mrs. Olin saying, "Oh boy, another Glazier for four more years!" All I could think of was - "excuse me? Do I know you?" and "Boy, I'm already off to a good start." One of her favorite things was to call my mom "the enabler". Mrs. Olin and I quickly bonded.
I was Mrs. Olin's aide at the beginning of this year. However, I quickly realized I had to actually work and we couldn't just goof off - so I transfered to a different teacher. Mrs. Olin can be very stern, but I just love to joke with her. She's funny and always thinks I am up to no good. I often leave class to go to talk with her because she gives great advice. So thank you Mrs. Olin for helping me throughout my high school years. It was always fun getting re-admits and trying - but never really suceeding, at talking my way out of trouble with you. You are a great woman and I'm glad we've gotten to know each other these past four years. Thanks for all of your support while I was at El Toro. Mr. & Mrs. Olin are both retiring from El Toro this year. I know they both have impacted many students lives. I'm happy I had the chance to thank you tonight. I'm so grateful for all you've done for me. My family loves you both.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Teacher Appreciation Night at the Los Alisos Building
Posted by GLAZIERFUN at 11:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment