All I have to say is "thank goodness Carly is ok". A boy from school, named Jordan, has been dying to get Carly to go out with him. He is a cute, polite boy - but Carly says that there is no spark or interest on her part for being more than just friends. I think he called Carly every day of the break leading up to Wed. morning - trying to get a date with her. She finally agreed to go to breakfast with him. After she was gone for about an hour, I got a phone call from her, saying she needed a ride home and that they had been involved in an accident. I asked her if it was Jordan's fault, she said no, and I told her that I would be right over. When I got to the accident site I could tell it was a lot worse than what Carly had lead me to believe. I got a little freaked out - hoping that she was ok. She didn't want to tell me it was Jordan's fault in front of him. They were driving home from breakfast, when Carly decided to change the song on Jordan's Ipod. Carly thinks Jordan got distracted and was looking at her when he ran a red light. The impact was on Carly's side of the car - she found out that when the air bags deploy - it hurts, and the seat belt also hurts. Thank goodness for both of those things, and that no one was seriously injured. Carly was pretty sore for a couple of days and she has some bruises to show for it. Jordan has felt absolutely terrible about the whole thing. He realized that he put their lives in danger. I think he has finally stopped texting Carly with apologies. The poor kid has a huge fine, a ticket, a huge increase in his insurance, and a totaled car to show for his distraction. It could have been so much worse. The very next morning is when the Angel pitcher, Nick Adenhart, was killed when a drunk driver ran a red light and hit the car where he too was a passenger.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Glad to hear Rachel is okay. She's a lucky girl!! Glad you're okay!!! Mom's seem to suffer as much, if not more, than the kids!!!
Post a Comment