Carly decided that she and a few friends would skip school on "late start" day and go snowboarding. Her new favorite thing by the way!!! Well, somehow she got roped into driving, and needed to drive our Suburban. Needless to say, I didn't sleep much the night before she went, and I spent the whole evening lecturing her on safe driving. Here is an example of what was said - don't drive too fast, remember that the suburban is super heavy so it takes a long time to stop, don't listen to the radio too loud because you can't hear if something goes wrong with the car or any emergency around you, stay awake, you have your friends lives in your hands, etc, etc. I got thinking later - no wonder why Carly wants to get out on her own - BYU Idaho is looking better and better, it is a long way from Coldbrook and mom and dad! Back to the snowboarding story...I told Carly to call as soon as she got to the ski resort safely. She called all right, at about 10:45. I missed the call because I was on a field trip with the preschool kids. When I finally got a hold of her she told me that she had broken her wrist. I couldn't believe it - I thought she was kidding at first. Luckily she was able to reach Tom to get the information she needed in order to receive treatment. When Tom got the phone call he knew it had to be important. Carly never calls him to just chat - so he excused himself from a meeting and took the call. Carly learned a lesson that morning...never laugh at your friends when they fall. Apparently Carly was stopped and looking up the hill as her friend Alysia took a fall. Carly started to laugh, lost her balance, hit a bump, and down she went with her left hand outstretched to catch herself. She is in a cast for three weeks (she gets it off two days before her 18th birthday) and then a hard splint for another three weeks. Oh what fun. I was nice and paid for the waterproof cast! We figured it was a little over a dollar a shower.
Monday, March 2, 2009
It's Broken!!
Posted by GLAZIERFUN at 12:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Soul Sisters!
man, thats rough. but sounds like carly. I cant believe she will be going away to school soon!!! my lil cous is growing up. i'm excited for her, and hope she gets better.
Post a Comment